Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shopping For a Razor

I feel like I should preface this post with a little disclaimer.  This is not a multi-level marketing opportunity.  I will not make a dime from it.  You may reasonably be wondering why I am writing a post on a cycling blog about razors in the first place.  For most cyclists, their biggest shaving challenge is not necessarily their face.  I have always had a casual interest in finding the perfect razor.  A few weeks ago, I read an article in The Washington Post about 800razors.com.  You can read the story here if you are interested: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/entrepreneur-phil-masiello-builds-big-dreams-on-a-razors-edge/2013/11/10/6fe6883e-464e-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html

     Here is the basic story.  The founder of the company was sick of paying $5 a piece for replacement razor cartridges.  He was convinced that he could offer quality razors directly to the consumer at much lower prices (ten cartridges for $17.99 delivered to your door).  So here's the deal.  The company offers three products; a five-blade razor, a three-blade razor, and a five-blade women's razor.  The first order comes with a free handle.  Shipping is fast and free.  I ordered the three and five-blade models and have been doing a little demo.  These are high quality, ceramic-coated, American made razor blades.  They are at least as good as any other blade I have tried, maybe better.  In my opinion, the head of the five-blade razor is a little too bulky to be ideal for the face, but it's great for your legs.  If you are interested in trying this product, I would recommend the three-blade for your face, the five-blade for your legs.  For that matter, maybe you should try the women's model for your legs.  I'm just not sure I could be comfortable using a pink razor.

http://www.800razors.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment