Tuesday, March 10, 2015

TNR Starts Big

 
I have been in contact with Kellen and Dan tonight who report that 31 cyclists showed up for the inaugural Tuesday Night Ride of the 2015 season. That is a tremendous turnout and I am very excited about the growth of cycling in Rexburg. Welcome to all of the new people as well as the regulars, I look forward to meeting you in the coming weeks. Hopefully, most of you have found your way to this blog as well as Kellen’s Rexburg Cycling Facebook page.
As I have said in the past, big groups like this present some unique challenges in terms of organization, interaction with traffic, and rider safety. Our biggest goal for the TNR is to provide a safe high quality group ride for the cyclists in the Upper Valley, our visitors from Idaho Falls and the surrounding areas, and out-of-town friends of the TNR.  If you have not taken the opportunity to read the Safety Letter (link on the upper right) I would encourage you to do so. I have not updated it for 2015, but all of the content there is still applicable. I look forward to seeing you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment