Thursday, April 17, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Here is one additional video that contains some supplemental information including a description of the various types of pacelines.
Monday, April 7, 2014
Sunday, April 6, 2014
Mark your calendars for June 21st, 2014 and join us for the Lemhi Valley Century Ride. Come and enjoy another great ride in beautiful Lemhi County. Look for more information as it unfolds on our website http://lemhivalleycenturyride.weebly.com/ or find us on Facebook. Registration forms are now available for printing on our website. Thanks for participating in one of our previous rides and we hope to see you again this year.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
We heard from Matt Allred this morning who, along with his wife, is organizing three 2-preson relay teams for Lotoja. The plan is for the three teams to ride together at a medium tempo, something short of racing, just riding for a solid finish. They currently have five people committed and one spot available. Their preference is for a female to fill the final position, but with a short registration window, I think they would be happy to find that 6th rider regardless of gender. If you are interested, let me know and I can get you in touch with Matt. Even if you are not interested, you can help by getting this message to anyone who might be interested.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
I am looking out the window as I type at a weather situation that while not intolerable, is unlikely to get better. I spent the day today, like many Tuesdays, checking the hourly forecast even down to the 15 minute details. We have had an informal policy in place for a while of trying to cancel the ride by 4 p.m. if the combination of weather conditions and forecast looks too unfavorable. I was a little too optimistic tonight. When Jeff told me that it was snowing in Idaho Falls, I was still hopeful that we would have a window of 90 minutes or so to ride. We had a surprisingly strong turnout tonight considering the rapidly deteriorating conditions. To the credit of the group, there was a pretty strong consensus to cut our losses and abandon the ride early. We will look forward to seeing everyone next week.