Thursday, August 1, 2013

In VeloNews Today, Chris Horner Talks About His Ambitions for the Tour of Utah, the Vuelta, and Growing Old

 
 
At age 42, Chris Horner may be the only top American cyclist from the Armstrong Era untouched by doping scandals.  I took this photo following the Ultimate Challenge/Snowbird Stage of the Tour of Utah in 2012.  Here is an excerpt from the VN interview.
 
“I still feel fast. And that’s all that matters. Do I get out of bed sore? Of course I do. But that’s irrelevant. All that matters is when you’re on the bike, you feel good. And in all honestly, the bike is the only place I do feel good. It’s the only place where I’m actually comfortable and at home and in a relaxed place mentally and physically,” Horner said. “The rest of the day, you’re always going to have a sore back that you’re dealing with different times during the year, a sore knee. … You always have those kind of things, but when I’m on the bike it’s where I feel the most comfortable and at ease, mentally and physically. So I’m not looking to leave the sport any time soon.”
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment