Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Best Multimedia in Cycling

I just finished watching the 7th and final stage of the Tour of Utah. It was a great race this year from start to finish. I feel a pretty strong connection to the event for a couple of reasons. I have attended many stages in person going back to the early years of the Tour of Utah and I have ridden a lot of the roads, particularly the ones that have been utilized for the Queen Stage to Snowbird/Ultimate Challenge. Over its ten year history, the Tour of Utah has grown from a fairly provincial affair to an event of international stature. As the race has grown and matured, the quality of its coverage has improved as well.
I have followed every day of this year’s Tour of Utah using the live video feature of the Tour Tracker, including watching the video of Stage 2 which we saw finish in Torrey. The quality of the commentary and the video is very good and here is a big bonus:  you can watch stage replays.
If you have not watched any of this year’s Tour of Utah, I will recommend what I consider the three highlights:
  1. Finish of Stage 2 in Torrey
  2. Finish of Stage 6 at Snowbird
  3. Finish of Stage 7 in Park City
Go to the Tour Tracker and select “replays”.

No comments:

Post a Comment