Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snow Bike Singletrack


 
Chris and I rode again today in the Lyon Creek/Moody Creek area. We took a little side trip to Windy Ridge where I completely lost my sense of direction. At one point, I told Chris we were riding toward the northwest.  He believed we were riding due south so we checked the compass function of my watch which indeed showed that we were riding directly south. I was a little shaken up when I could not rotate my mental map to match that reality.
We were able to ride most of Hawley Gulch on a frozen snowmobile track. We were eventually forced to turn around at the spot (second picture) where the snowmobile had gotten stuck and turned around as well. Last week, no single snowmobile track was frozen enough to be rideable. As I have commented previously, the perfect snow ride is largely dependent on conditions and a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment