Thursday, July 2, 2015

Update: The Fish Creek is On for Tomorrow!

I just spoke with Cameron who has been out of cell service for a few days. The Fish Creek ride is definitely on for tomorrow morning. It will start just west of the entrance to the Warm River Campground at 8 a.m. It can be tough to ride Fish Creek in the midsummer due to lack of drinkable water. For tomorrow, Cameron's wife will be driving to the top with cold drinks so that will not be an issue. There are two or three basic options for the Fish Creek ride (Baker Draw increases the distance from about 50 to 70 miles and adds climbing). Consider arranging car pooling with other people who are planning on the same ride variation as you. Contact Cameron or John for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Help, per favore? I was looking for information online about this "Fish Creek" ride from Warm Springs, and I found this blog. I'm from Utah, going to the Targhee music stuff this weekend, and I heard about this ride. BUT ... can I get lost? Gravel? What's the loop? Does it go NW up Fish Creek and then loop back to the Mesa Falls road -- and how? where's the turn? Or, turns? I'm on my own, on a road bike, was thinking 50-60 miles? Is this possible? I've been on the Mesa Falls road years ago as an out and back from the fish hatchery to the main highway -- maybe 50 or so miles from memory. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. And, you can stay at my house of any of you are coming fro LOTOJA. ... in fact, I could ride both Saturday morning and Sunday morning, so if there are TWO loops in the area -- or, I'm even fine with out-and-backs. Don't laugh (I'm a rookie in this regard!) ... bear spray? Water? (Ihave two bottles, but I could bring the dreaded Camelbackweight if necessary. Definite thanks.

    ReplyDelete