Monday, November 7, 2016

How I Spent My Weekend


 
I had a little change of pace this weekend in the middle of cross season with a couple of mountain bike rides in the Salt Lake City area. I met Thomas, Stephen, Tim, and Tim’s buddy Ben to ride the Bonneville Shoreline Trail and its associated trail network. Tim and I rode fat bikes last winter at the southern end of the same extensive network. This time we rode two loops originating in the Avenues on the northern edge of the city.
The weather was unseasonably mild for November. The rides consisted of a combination of Jeep roads, singletrack, steep technical singletrack, and groomed bike park style downhill-only trails banked like a NASCAR track. Probably the best known trail that we rode is the Bobsled Trail which features high banks and multiple jumps over abandoned cars. I opted out of the car jumps but still lost a little skin. http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/bobsled.html
If you are curious to see Bobsled videos, they are numerous. I have embedded a sample video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment