Sunday, September 9, 2018

R.I.P. Peanut Butter Gu

In recent years, Peanut Butter Gu has been my go-to energy gel for effectiveness, pleasant taste, and tolerability. This was validated to some degree by the study that Jeff posted a few months ago ranking Peanut Butter Gu as the top gel. I have been frustrated for a number of months by the unavailability of this product. Gu had a booth at Rebecca’s Private Idaho so I asked the representatives there: “What’s up with Peanut butter Gu?’ The news is not good. For years, Gu has maintained a peanut free production facility. They have outsourced the Peanut Butter Gu to a separate facility. Gu have made the decision to move all production in-house and the PB is gone forever. I offered a bit of customer feedback.  Reconsider the decision to abandon your best product. I don’t think that is going to change anything. Maybe someone has already started the social media or letter writing campaign to bring back Peanut Butter Gu. Best of luck to them if they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment