Friday, April 19, 2019

Joe Hill & Scott Hurst Support the TNR Good Weather or Bad--Early Season Report

The 2019 season of the Tuesday Night Ride began on March 19th. Since then we have had three cancellations or near cancellations due to bad weather. Joe and Scott have been there regardless, riding through the icy rain and setting a standard for the rest of us.
It has been a while since I have generated any original content for the blog. One reason is that I have just returned from a Southern Utah backpacking trip. It felt like late winter when I left Rexburg and spring when I returned. Yesterday and today were the first days I have ridden with bare arms and legs. Cars crashed from the glare of my white skin. Last Sunday, I was able to get a glimmer of data to check the results of Paris-Roubaix. I will not reveal the outcome, but I will make a couple of comments. I am pleased with the results because I like the winner and feel he deserves the win. I have been looking forward to watching race footage on the NBC Sports app (formerly NBC Sports Gold). I have been a subscriber since the beginning of the service and appreciate a lot of things about it (especially the UCI Cyclocross and the commercial-free Tour coverage) but I hate it so much. If I have not watched for a few days, or even if I have, I have to log-in and revalidate my account with a secret code. It feels like that has happened ten thousand times. This morning it did not work at all, not the first time that has happened. And the app is glitchy under the best of conditions.  Dear NBC Sports:  If you read the Rexburg Cycling Blog would you please fix the endless validation issues so that I can recommend your service to our readers?
With regard to the Rexburg Cycling Blog and Facebook page, we always welcome your contributions including race and ride reports, event announcements, product review and commentary, and cycling culture in general. I did a little preview today of the ride that I hope to do Tuesday night—Egin Lakes to Warm Slough. It is 33 miles from my house, a little shorter from Sled Shed—a good early season ride, and fairly doable even with wind from the south since it does not have many sustained south-bound sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment