Monday, February 17, 2014

Return of the CRC??

I spoke to Ken Williams this morning. There are plans underway to revive the Capitol Reef Classic after an absence of two years. Tentatively, the date will be Friday July 18th and Saturday July 19th with a time trail Friday morning, a circuit race on Friday afternoon, and a road race on Saturday. The old CRC was a fairly low key event but with a level of organization that rivaled any other. The Capital Reef area may be the best place I have ever ridden a bicycle and a great place for a little family vacation. The date is one week after the Crusher. If gravel is not your thing, or if you have the flexibility in your schedule for two fine events in July, keep this in mind. I need to emphasize this post may be a little premature and the plans are still somewhat tentative. But, I love the CRC so much, I could not really wait to post something. As soon as an official announcement is made, I will provide additional information and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment