Thursday, March 2, 2017

Rebecca Rusch: Blood Road Movie Premiere


The most important journey of my life.

In 2015, I took my biggest journey and most important ride of my life: a 1200-mile attempt to ride the entire length of the historic Ho Chi Minh trail through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.  I first spoke publicly about the trip in my recent TEDx Talk.  But this month, the entire story will unfold when my first film, "Blood Road" has its World Premier and is the opening film at the 2017 Sun Valley Film Festival on Wednesday, March 15, at the Sun Valley Opera House. 
 
"Blood Road" chronicles what has, in many ways, been the most difficult journey of my career.  This ride was not a race or record breaking attempt.  Instead, it was a journey to get to know my father, a fighter pilot who was shot down and killed during the Vietnam War, and to find a missing part of myself.  It was a physically and emotionally demanding expedition, and ultimately a life-changing experience.  To be able to share the story with the help of Red Bull Media House is a powerful gift to the memory of my father.  I'm so proud to be the messenger for this important tale of healing and forgiveness.
 
I hope you'll be able to join me for the World Premiere in Sun Valley, or stay tuned for details about the film coming to more screens and platforms.  
#JoinTheRusch,




No comments:

Post a Comment