Thursday, March 8, 2018

Springtime in Idaho, Saturday Ride, TNR


On my ride today, I saw large flocks of migratory waterfowl (mostly snow geese I think) both in flight and scavenging in the fields. You can see a very large group in this photo if you zoom into the upper portion. White geese don’t photograph that well against white snow. I should have taken a video because they were creating a real ruckus.
Over the past couple of months, I have ridden the Surly Straggler quite a bit for commuting and low key road rides. Several people have asked how I like it. Compared to race bikes, road or cyclocross, it feels a little clunky. Outside of that context, it feels pretty great. It is a fun, comfortable, and versatile bicycle.
Assuming the weather holds as forecast, we are planning on a road ride at noon Saturday meeting at Sled Shed. Plus, Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday. The Tuesday Night Ride will begin on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. at Sled Shed,

No comments:

Post a Comment