Thursday, April 24, 2014

Early Season Road and Dirt

 
I left home this morning on my cross bike with the plan of doing a RAD ride up Kelly Canyon, down Lyon Creek, and home across the dry farms. It seemed like a pretty good plan until the end of the pavement at Kelly Canyon. From that point, conditions began to deteriorate almost immediately. It was not long after that a very nasty little storm blew in. I made it a little beyond the Y-Junction, pushing my bike through snow in an icy downpour. It was pretty obvious that the only viable plan was retreat. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to doing the loop and at that point the shortest distance home was probably to continue forward. Realistically, it will probably be two more weeks until this route is rideable on a gravel bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment