Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weather Not Cooperating Tonight

I am looking out the window as I type at a weather situation that while not intolerable, is unlikely to get better. I spent the day today, like many Tuesdays, checking the hourly forecast even down to the 15 minute details. We have had an informal policy in place for a while of trying to cancel the ride by 4 p.m. if the combination of weather conditions and forecast looks too unfavorable. I was a little too optimistic tonight. When Jeff told me that it was snowing in Idaho Falls, I was still hopeful that we would have a window of 90 minutes or so to ride.  We had a surprisingly strong turnout tonight considering the rapidly deteriorating conditions. To the credit of the group, there was a pretty strong consensus to cut our losses and abandon the ride early. We will look forward to seeing everyone next week.

2 comments:

  1. Calling it as a good idea. I rode another 15 miles and the conditions were horrible. I could barely see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weston I agree I went 15 total and it was a mistake. My shoes had ice built up on them and my glasses were useless.

    ReplyDelete