Sunday, June 15, 2014

Massive Win for Young American

Photo copyright AFP/Velonews.com
I spent the day today looking forward to coming home and watching the final stage of the Criterium du Dauphine. As I generally do when I am recording a race, I kept myself in a news blackout all day. American Andrew Talansky was in third place going into the final stage behind Chris Froome and Alberto Contador. He seemed solid for the podium, but unlikely to move into first or second. Over the past week, my DVR has been slowly dying, and about 5 minutes into the coverage of today’s stage, it froze up, maybe forever. I wish I could have watched the stage unfold without knowing the result. Nevertheless, I am happy and encouraged to see a new generation of young Americans untainted by doping scandal competitive on an international stage.   http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/news/wins-criterium-du-dauphine_331972
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment