Wednesday, June 18, 2014

VeloNews Reviews the Hincapie Memoir

photo copyright TDWSport.com/VeloNews.com
A few days ago, I wrote about Phil Gaimon's new book Pro Cycling on $10 a Day and commented on my belief that it is a better book that the majority of cycling memoirs. I have been interested in George Hincapie's new book, and reading it has been on my long to do list, but not at the top of the list. I was surprised to find by accident today a VeloNews review of the Hincapie book that I missed when it ran initially about nine days ago. The book was written with Craig Hummer as a ghost writer.
     If you have an interest in cycling literature generally or this book in particular, the review should be interesting to you as well. In the same way that it is unfair to judge a book by its cover, it is probably unfair to write off a book based on an unfavorable review. But I have to say that after reading the review, I am less motivated to read the book. Read the review and see what you think. http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/news/road/commentary-hincapies-loyal-lieutenant-rationalizes-doping-choices_330866

No comments:

Post a Comment