Thursday, January 21, 2016

Product Follow-up Hurricane Products Fork Up

I have mostly been transporting my fat bike in the back of the Trooper, so last weekend was my first extended road trip with the Fork Up. I had to improvise a little. The Fork Up tends to tip backward, so rather than fighting that, I wrapped the center portion in foam and electrical tape and tipped it back onto the wheel tray.

If you examine this picture, you will notice three flat washers that I had to place on the skewer to allow it to tighten securely. The spacing is supposed to be bike make and model specific. Somehow, we did not get an exact match and the center portion of the Fork Up is a little too narrow to allow the quick release to be tightened securely. The design is asymmetrical and I wondered if rotating it would help, but the hub spacing would still be too narrow.
Also, the skewer is non-locking, so I added a little security in the form of a cable lock. I realize that will not deter a determined bike thief, but hopefully will discourage the casual thief.


No comments:

Post a Comment