Monday, January 11, 2016

Tate Reports on the Early Season

 Tate and Clint post-race
Early Break

 The Move That Split the Field
The Final Move, Winning!
This weekend I was in St. George for the first race of the season and Clint and I were talking at the start line about how much riding and racing from Rexburg has influenced us. Anyway I just wanted to send you a few photos and a quick note regarding the race. I know its early to be racing already but in Nevada and Southern California the season starts in January and is extremely busy until April. After April it gets to hot so we have to enjoy the cool weather while we can. 
The Desert Series Crit race is put on by a shop out of St. George Utah called Rapid Cycling during January - March. It consists of 4 crits, 1 TT, and a Road Race. I know most of you guys are still enjoying the fat bike season and ski season but if any one in the Rexburg area is interested in heading South for a weekend I highly recommend checking these events out. Plus most of the time we spend the night and make a training weekend out of the trip its a great opportunity to get some base miles in for 2016 season.
Anyway this is a big race for our team due to it proximity to Las Vegas and that fact that I won the series last year. This year the goals were the same, come ready to win. Fortunately we were able to make that happen. An early break went and I found myself up the road with a teammate and 6 other extremely talented racers. Everything went well and according to plan as we launch an attack at the base of the hill on the last lap. My teammate was able to stay away for the win and I finished in 5th. It was great way to start the 2016 season and blow off the cobwebs. We have a big season planned including Tour of Gila, Cascade Classic, and Redlands. 
Hopefully I won't get burnt out and have some fitness come July for Crusher! It would be great to see you guys there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment