Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Countdown to Lotoja

If you live in Southeastern Idaho, most of your neighbors have heard of two bicycle races: The Tour de France and Lotoja.  They probably have a pretty good idea you have not ridden the Tour, but everyone wants to know if you have ridden Lotoja. I am choosing the word “ridden” intentionally because Lotoja is a big heterogeneous event that is a lot of different things to different people. A handful of cyclists race Lotoja at a truly elite level and a large number ride it as pure survival with a thousand others at every possible point in the spectrum between the two.
 
With Lotoja fast approaching, I want to extend wishes for a safe and successful ride to all of the locals participating in this year’s event. If I fail to mention you here, send me your information, and I will be happy to give a shout-out on the blog. These are the 2014 Lotoja riders that I am aware of: Steve, Weston, Bruce, Boyd, Kyle, Bart, and Cobe, as well as Team Ride relay (Brian, Justin, Tyler, Kelsey, and Christian).
I checked in with Tate and Clinton today. I always tell them that we will consider them locals for life. Tate is focused pretty heavily on cyclocross, particularly the upcoming CrossVegas. Clint has a very strong team and is highly motivated to defend his crown as reigning Lotoja champion. I would not bet against him.
Best of luck to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment