Monday, September 8, 2014

Rebecca's Private Idaho: Letter from Rebecca Rusch


All photos courtesy of Red Bull/Rebecca’s Private Idaho
Well, you sure know how to put a smile on a girl's face.
     The finish line is a city street once more, town's a whole lot quieter, and I'm almost sleeping through the night again. Thanks to all of you, Rebecca's Private Idaho had a sophomore run that far exceeded my own expectations. The course conditions, the light on the mountains, the smells, the grandeur, and so so many smiling riders: it all conspired to redraw my idea of a perfect day. As much as I'd like to think that came from planning and hard work, I know that most of it came from good people, on and off the bike, who pushed through the grind to exceed their own limits and simply have the best possible time a person can have. Again, my deep deep thanks to you all for this gift.
     I'd love to spend this whole space talking about what this weekend meant to me, what it taught me, and how it feels to be honored, humbled, excited, worried, and exalted all at once, but this is a newsletter, not a therapy couch. There are a few key points to make and we're already behind in planning for 2015, so I'll not waste any more time talking about this glow that seems to surround me and the fact that my feet still haven't touched the ground a week later
Read the rest of the letter here and see event photos here: http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=fde0bba0fffb80628e0df7465&id=4c840240f8&e=3900c02020
 

No comments:

Post a Comment