Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tate and Clint at Valley of Fire Stage Race

Congratulations to Tate and Clinton on a fine showing at the Valley of Fire stage race in Overton Nevada. Tate's race report is below.
This last weekend I raced the Valley of Fire stage race, with Clint. Allison snapped this picture of us in the crit. I don't want to steal any of Clint's thunder but he ended up winning the crit and taking first overall in GC. It's safe to say that the strongest man won! I rode well but due to a crash in the crit (I didn't go down but the 2 guys in the break away with me did, I ended up getting hit in the head with a flying bike haha).  In the ended up losing about 40 seconds and rolled across the finish line mid-pack. On stage 2 I tried my best to get away during the road race but the peloton wasn't having it. For a lot of racers from Utah and Colorado this was their first race of the season and that was more than obvious. Tension and nerves were high and everyone was trying to prove something. I finished with a satisfying 7th overall in GC. It was a great weekend. I hope to do more racing with him for old time's sake. 
 
Tate

Tate, Clint

Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment