Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Makeover for the Old War Horse

 
Over the years, I have owned quite a few bicycles. In contrast to the pro-cyclist model of starting every season with a quiver of brand new bicycles, I have turned my bikes over very slowly. That is particularly true for my two Kelsons which I fully expect to be riding in my old age. These bikes have been around for a while now and have evolved through various reconfigurations.
     Today, I picked up my cross bike, just back from its latest makeover (wider wheels, bigger tires, lower gears, better brakes). None of this was really done to make the bike better for cyclocross where it already met a very high standard.  The plan is to make the bike better for gravel events like the Crusher in the Tushar. Readers of the blog will recall that last year, Brian received a big honor from the organizers of the Crusher. His RAD bike was honored with The Most Crusher Bike award. This year, about ten cyclists will be starting the Crusher on Kelson bicycles. Mine will be the oldest, but it feels brand new right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment