Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Rexburg Cycling Blog Enters its Second Year

When Jeff and I set this blog up about one year ago, we did not anticipate how popular it would become.  I am grateful to everyone who has visited the blog and provided feedback and especially grateful to everyone who has contributed to it.  The biggest difficulty in sustaining the blog is generating new and interesting content.  In light of that, I will reemphasize an invitation that we have extended in the past.  If you have a personal story to tell, information about an event, or anything you think may be of interest to local cyclists, please forward it to Jeff or me. 

     Our goal with the blog, emails, and the Tuesday Night ride is provide a network of support, resources, and communication to cyclists with a wide range of experience, skills, and interests.  The plans that are being formed for the season vary widely.  My wife Dawn and some of her friends are looking forward to the Little Red Riding Hood ride in Logan.  At this point, my number one priority for the season is The Crusher in the Tushar.  My plan is to ride lots of hills, ride lots of gravel, and to make some adjustments in my cross bike, primarily lower gearing.  We have a couple of local guys racing already.  Other people on our distribution list have never raced and never will.  Regardless of where you fall in that continuum, I hope you will feel a sense of shared mission with the other local cyclists in promoting cycling in the Rexburg area.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment