Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Two Cyclists Killed in Lehi Utah, TNR Preview.

These guys were friends, neighbors, who rode to work together daily. They were both riding with lights when they were struck and killed by a pickup truck early this morning on Redwood Road in Lehi Utah. I am always shaken by the death of cyclists. Even when I do not know these people, I feel a connection to them and I feel like I know certain things about them. Most cyclists who have spent years on the road have had more close calls than they would like to remember. The biggest danger will always be motorists who do not see cyclists, mostly because they are not looking. I wish I knew a way to make it safer. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57670054-78/paul-road-lehi-pickup.html.csp
     In a bit of decidedly brighter news, we had ten cyclists show up for the Tuesday Night Ride preview last night which we did not even confirm until midafternoon due to concerns about the weather. We are looking forward to seeing more of you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment