Thursday, May 15, 2014

From Weston. ERC century, compliments, and wheels

Just as an FYI, the MVH/ERC 3rd annual century ride is scheduled for June 14th. There is more information at http://www.eaglerockcycling.com/calendar I did this last year and It was a lot of fun. They offer 25 mile, 50 mile and 100mile rides that are pretty well supported.

     Also, Tyson from the Idaho Falls Bill’s Bike location came out to the ride this last Tuesday and said he was blown away by the quality of our group ride and how much etiquette we showed. He said that our ride is what he thinks every group ride should be like. He was very impressed that we all stopped for your flat and he had a great time. I thought this was great feedback from a guy who rides regularly with the Idaho Falls group.

     One more thing, I have been getting a few people ask me about the carbon wheels that I started riding this year. They are CLX (Cycle Logix) wheels, which is a company based out of Boise. http://clxbikes.com/carbon-wheels/velosus-38mm-carbon-clincher    I mentioned how people had noticed my wheels to the guys in Boise and they sent me a 38mm carbon wheel set and some cork pads for anyone who wants to try out the wheels. I let Nate Starnes ride them the last couple weeks and he ended up buying a set for himself and his dad. If there is anyone in the area who you think would be interested in testing out a set of carbon wheels feel free to give them my contact info and I will let them borrow the wheels for a week or so and I’ll help them install the cork brake pads if they need help as well.

Cheers,
Weston Dunn 
"Ride as much or as little, or as long

or as short as you feel. But ride."

                                   ~Eddy Merckx

 

1 comment:

  1. Also with that, if anyone is seriously considering buying a set of wheels from CLX and wants to try my 50's I would probably be OK with letting them borrow those as well. I've been very impressed with their wheels and them personally so far and I would love to see them grow as a company.

    Just talk to me on the TNR if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete